cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can do a completely silent install? More than a /S please.

How can do a completely silent install? More than a /S please.

spirtle1973
New member | Level 2

While an end-user is logged in and working, I deploy Dropbox 13.4.21 Offline Installer.exe with the /S switch, via a third-party software deployment agent, and the Dropbox deployment works almost perfectly.  Except that my end-users still get the final Dropbox Setup screen.  This is the screen that prompts for Email and Password.  They then call me asking about this screen that came out of nowhere, and I have to say "Close that window and worry about it later when you need to use Dropbox, if ever."

If they manually close this window via the X, I get where I need to be:  Dropbox installed on the PC, icons where appropriate in the Start Menu, and Dropbox running in the tray, in a "Waiting to be linked to a Dropbox account..." state.

Is there a way to do a completely silent install that does not prompt for credentials at the end.  Also, is there a comprehensive list of all command-line installation switches?  I know about /S and /D.  Wondering if there are others.......

Thank you

3 Replies 3

techiebuddhas
New member | Level 2

anyone able to install dropbox?

Jane
Dropbox Staff

Hey @techiebuddhassorry to get back to you in delay. Are you still experiencing this issue? 

Could you share some more details on the matter, so that we make sure to send over the most relevant info? 

• For instance, have you tried downloading the full offline installer? 

https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?plat=win&type=full (Windows)
https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?plat=mac&type=full (Mac)

• Are you in a work environment? Are you receiving any error messages? 
  • Have you tried disabling your Firewall or antivirus and see if it’s blocking the desktop application? 

Hope this is helpful to you & keep us updated on the progress, in order to send over the next steps. Thanks! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

fc-msm
New member | Level 2

I'm reviving this old thread because neither of the questions from the OP were ever answered. 

Which command line switches will allow a completely silent install on Windows?

The answer is found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/business/enterprise-installer

"/NOLAUNCH does not launch the Dropbox desktop application at the end of silent installation"

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

fc-msm New member | Level 2
    Jane Dropbox Staff
    techiebuddhas New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?