cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How could I get Dropbox Paper 2020?

How could I get Dropbox Paper 2020?

neosmile
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

How could I upgrade to Dropbox Paper 2020 from the older version?

73 Replies 73

nilsmac
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Given that Dropbox is not putting any heft behind the roll-out indicates that they are not serious about this product, which is a real pity. I use a lot of notes taking apps and this one is by far my favourite for collaborative editing. A key feature for me even considering it as a solution for our company was having a proper integration with the file system so that I have everything in one place as well as full control over the data by keeping a private copy on the user drive in an open format. Without this feature, I could as well use Apple Notes. 

Julien B.12
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

It's Q1 2023. Now the migration guide indicates the upgrade for legacy users is Q3 2023. Assuming the deadline is respected, it will have been 4 years since Paper 2020 was introduced for new users in 2019. Unfortunately, based on past experience, it's hard to believe that this deadline is meaningful. 

pollen
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

For those of you still holding onto this completely absurd situation, may I recommend checking out all the new features of Google Docs that match most of what Dropbox Paper does.

There's now a pageless mode (see Page Setup), sidebar navigation, table of contents, Smart Chips, footnotes, pretty decent project management tables, comments & visual text edit suggestions, etc. Plus plenty of things Dropbox Paper doesn't have, like tons of high quality fonts, line and paragraph spacing flexibility, bookmarks, math equation support, not to mention it's far more widely accessible and familiar to people.

SirLothar
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I agree - I'm now moving everything into Google docs.

They've migrated me, just now, to the new version and it's bloody awful.   I don't want my note taking bundling into some rubbish file system.   Whoever designed this is a muppet

JasmineLam
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Please help with these questions:

1. In my Dropbox folder, I can't create dropbox paper; I can only create word and Google Docs. 

2. is it because I am using the old release, how to update to new release?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @JasmineLam, if you don't have the option to create a Paper doc on dropbox.com, it means you're indeed on the old version of Dropbox Paper.

I've moved your post to this thread, so you can access some more relevant info about the new release of Dropbox Paper.

I hope this helps!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

JasmineLam
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

how about i deleted my Dropbox account and create it again? Is it going to be the new version? Did anyone tried?

annatribe
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I was looking to move some of my teams organisational aspects and time-lining over to Dropbox Paper.  I used Paper in it is early days and it was OK but lacked some basic functionality which would have made a good tool; but, I had heard that Paper had been upgraded and was interested to see if it would work for me.  It sounded like it would as it now could store directly to dropbox folders (like Google Docs does) plus other new features.  After several hours of research and faffing about, along with speaking with the help desk I discover that these new features are only available to new users.  I am sorry but WHAT?

I have business account and since the new Paper was released in 2020 have given dropbox THOUSANDS of dollars in fees but for some reason Dropbox doesn't see it as a priority to look after those who pay them money.   I can't see how this would even get past consumer affairs.  To make matter more irksome I started this plan in 2020 so when it was released was even a pretty new customer.   Dropbox says it is working through issues which meant paper didn't integrate with existing files; but they have been doing that for three years.   If the program was that far off finished in 2020 why release it at all?  The only cherry in the subscription models that we, as purchasers, are now forced to be a part of is that we receive the latest releases and no longer have to but the program outright every few years.   That Dropbox are not playing their part in the deal beggars belief. 

My new idea??  Look after your customers Dropbox.  They might stay.  Very interested to hear what the development team has to say about this. 

lxk
Explorer | Level 3

How can I get 2020 release?

I set 'Early releases' turn on but nothing happen in an hour...

lxk_0-1689841338385.png

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @lxk, thanks for posting today.

The new release of Dropbox Paper is still slowly being rolled out, so it's not yet available to everyone.

You can read more about it here.

Did you receive some kind of email saying that it's available for you?

Let me know.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?