cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to Clear or Remove the Recent file list in mobile apps

How to Clear or Remove the Recent file list in mobile apps

Swe T.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I want to clear all the Recent file list, there has no clear function please advise how to clear the list.
Thanks & regards

Swe Tin

310 Replies 310

CRXed
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Farrel L., you clearly don't understand how 'Recents' works.

It just shows you the files that are on your Dropbox already, they would also be on there if there was no 'Recents' screen. So your comment is false.

That said, It's pretty unbelievable how Dropbox fails to listen to it's users and just keeps breaking stuff (awful Recents screen, no more notifications), which are not adressed in their new (beta) releases. 

Larry S.13
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Agree 100% that dropbox on mobile should NOT open to 'recents' by default.

This is a totally absurd change and serves no purpose to me-  only causes me to use extra steps every time I open dropbox.  Make it optional?  Sure.  But don't force it on the apparent majority who do not want it.

I, too, have thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated dropbox, recommending it enthusiastically to others and encouraging them to use it.  It is the best of the best.

But this changes everything.  May have to look at other options.

Dropbox:  Any solution forthcoming on this issue?!

Justin M.26
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

How is this not fixed yet.
Either please refund my subscription so I can move to another service or allow this as an opt in feature.

Michael B.61
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Don't hold your breath for a fix yet.  On previous advice to make myself heard I sent a query to the support team. I complained via a 'marketing-dislike' item, got an automatic acknowledgement but no indication if they were doing anything about the problem.

That was 15th February so I've pretty much given up. Shame as most of the alternatives have something I don't like about them.

Robert B.43
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I see absolutely no advantage or reason for this application and as others have said it adds another step to get to your files plus it's a real annoyance when you have privacy files pop up that you do not want others to see. It is senseless feature in my opinion

Lori B.12
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Dropbox is directing the threads of people wanting remove the recents list here. I don't want to clear the list, I want it gone. I don't like opening the app on my phone and finding every thing I've looked at or uploaded in the past week. Although it's amusing to check my teenage son's phone and see what he's been up to. Yes, I know a password fixes that, but it doesn't stop children from looking over my shoulder and seeing biology dissections. I try to turn off camera uploads before taking those pictures because right now I don't need to save them in Dropbox, but I might forget or need to upload them someday. 

On the phone app, the recents list means I have to click extra times to get to the files I need. Some people might use the same files over and over and find it useful, I don't. Giving the end user a choice on the usefulness of this feature should be reasonable and I don't understand why it's taking so long to modify the code and release an update. The time frame on complaints and the fact Dropbox redirects people who don't want the list to the thread for people who want to remove files from it makes me feel they're not listening.

An option to show it as default v your normal folders list is all I ask.

Jean Guy N.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Marie passes the message to the development team. Is there really someone on that team or has it been disbanded? This has been going on for much too long.

There should be an option for which folder we want opened when we log in. And deleting a file should remove it from the recent list. Otherwise, what's the use? So many privacy issues here.

CRXed
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Everybody make sure to give them a 1 star rating in the Play Store, maybe they will listen to their users then...

Greg G.22
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Further to my previous post,  if you insist that the Recent folder is so important, then at the very least make it so when opening the Dropbox app, all folders are closed keeping everything private.  That way if someone is standing beside you when opening the app, you can just click on the camera or other folder and that is what it shows.  I know, "make a shortcut".  Not acceptable.

Your company needs to respect its users privacy.  If you don't want to get rid of the Recents folder, then at least don't have it open automatically.  I know I am repeating myself however it doesn't seem that you listen the first time or listen at all to your customers.

Justin M.26
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

1 star given in both app stores, suggest other users follow the same approach if they are unhappy 

Need more support?