cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Clear or Remove the Recent file list in mobile apps

How to Clear or Remove the Recent file list in mobile apps

Swe T.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I want to clear all the Recent file list, there has no clear function please advise how to clear the list.
Thanks & regards

Swe Tin

310 Replies 310

Alan L.9
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

The only thing worse than pedantic moderation is personal attacks on the moderator. Sad to see almost every discussion on the entire net sink to this level, instead of just discussing the issue.

Since I'm well into moving to Sync (sync.com) and saving $50 per year, I'm going to see if I can stop notifications for this thread. I wish the rest of you good luck.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

The files within these directories seem to be .DB and .DBX which may be readable with SQLite (I have not tested).

While Dropbox does indeed use SQLite, the databases are encrypted and cannot be modified.

I'm going to see if I can stop notifications for this thread.

If you haven't found it yet, there is an Unfollow link on the first post at the top of each page.

></p>

Doug R.12
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I absolutely abhor the fact that you've decided to make my recent files list the first thing displayed when I open Dropbox. 

Really? Why would you think this is a good idea to FORCE this behavior on users?

If anybody picks up my tablet and opens Dropbox, every document I'm working on is in easy reach.

Unless this changes quickly, my best best is to set up an Owncloud install and switch over to it.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

If anybody picks up my tablet and opens Dropbox, every document I'm working on is in easy reach.

For the time being, enable the feature that requires a PIN to open Dropbox. No one will be able to see your files if they open Dropbox.

DK1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Again - for iOS this seems to be the best way to "remove" an item from your recents list: 

Rename the folder in which the file you accessed is housed. I guess the renaming process breaks the audit trail and the recently accessed file is thus cleared from the Recent list.

Hernán T.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Stupid thing its doesn't have a disable recent files or at leaste a clear recent files list. Definitely canceling subscription.  Nos just the one,but several i have. 

Dropbox was THE GREATEST, but you had to ruin it on such an idiotic matter.

Jean Guy N.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Good thinking, Mike C.  :  "it has become clear that the reason Dropbox devs have yet to address this easily fixable issue ... is because this so-called "feature" must have been the brainchild of some exec whose ego is too big to admit that they made a mistake.." 

Dan P.22
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Recent files could be good function, but only when I can clear the list a when I can set what I will see first when the app started. I don't want to risk that anybody can see what files I used last.

Giovany C.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

It seems that dropbox doesn't care about what we as users think of this horrible feature. It's been more than six months since the firsts complaints. I am leaving and start making negative publicity around.

Mike M.134
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Wow!  Definitely had more confidence in this product!  Just reviewing this thread I can see an inovative and interesting piece of fluff added to the app now puts the entire tool at risk. I believe your customers are due a better answer than the disapointing rhetoric above. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Sam DBX Community Manager
    AkPaparazzi Helpful | Level 7
    mtsalaben Helpful | Level 5
    hallofame Explorer | Level 4
    JDsantos Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?