cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ipad and Iphone viewing of long file names

Ipad and Iphone viewing of long file names

Shawn V.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Our company is having the issue that on the mobile app (using the ipad or iphone) often times the file name is too long to properly view what we are opening. I want to be able to read the entire file name so I know what i am opening since many of the beginning and last parts of the file are exactly the same for filing purposes so I want to be able to view the file name without having to open each one in order to find out. I'm hoping I make sense. Is there something I'm missing where I'm able to do this? I can't "right click" on the file name cause I'm mobile otherwise I would try that 🙂

114 Replies 114

Jason J.17
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I am a big proponent of Dropbox but silliness like this makes me think twice.  This issue is not limited to the app but also when viewing files through Safari on iOS.  Google Drive does not have this problem.  A workaround or at least a response would be deeply appreciated.

David P.47
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have had to move our company to google drive.

Sad that such a simple thing to fix is such a problem.

Jason J.17
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

The sad part is I pay for Dropbox and expect them to respond to customer issues.

Nyle A.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

DropBox doesn't listen to its customers. They have many issues and viewing my files and folders on my iPad is just one. I needed to do an Upgrade to a better plan. I have tried to spend more money with DropBox for several days. When I click the Upgrade button it takes me to a page that says "Sorry this Page is not available at this time" "Try again later" I've "tried again later" for three days. I submitted a ticket to support and received a response that said "there must be a bug fix needed in Upgrade" REALLY?! Are they making so much money that they didn't notice that a customer can't spend more money if they want or need to? One suggestion was to "purge" your files but that will delete all your files which you may not want" UNBELIEVABLE!
I also use Egnyte.com and Box.com. If they don't fix the view so I can see the full file name like I can on my iPhone within a week I am not only cancelling my account at DropBox, I ask you all to join me in an all out campaign against DropBox and their lack of Customer Care. There are others out there that would gladly have our business and they DO listen to their customers and respond to what they want. ONE WEEK THEN I WILL BE GONE and begin promoting the others.
I've never seen so many complain about the same problem and nobody cares. Not even the courtesy to respond to any of you.
It's sad, DropBox if you won't care for your customers why should I trust you with my most valuable documents, photo"s and video? I shouldn't NA

Kelly C.15
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Any update on this issue? Was hoping the newest update would fix the problem ---- 

John H.150
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Com'on Kelly, you don't really think their listening do you?

Don C.18
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

If it works on the iPhone (viewing long names in landscape) why can't it work in iPad?

Barness w.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have used Long Path Tool, It work nicely.

Richard-Judith
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

What "Long Path Tool", from where, how?

Petros S.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I think that Dropbox has many issues like this. It is a big problem not being able to see the full name of a file in iPad. Moreover, it consumes a lot of space in the hard disc and you have to keep files only in cloud. And of course you can not upload folders. May be it's time to move to another cloud provider

Need more support?