cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: The Library/CloudStorage folder ...

Is the Library>CloudStorage folder, still an obligation or is that not relevant any more?

rlesperance
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

A few months ago, I was forced to nest my Dropbox folder in the Library>CloudStorage folder.  It seem to be a new Apple procedure with Ventura.

Yesterday, when adding again my desktop to Dropbox and still on Ventura, Dropbox asked me to put it's folder wherever I wanted just like before.  

Is this the new way of doing things ?  Which is which ?  Is the Library>CloudStorage folder procedure not required anymore ?

I would also appreciate to understand the advantages/necessity of migrating to the File Provider  API ?  I read some articles on DropBox help and I am confused.  Do I need to keep both or is only the new one that I nested where I want required ?

13 Replies 13

rlesperance
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Does that mean that when disconnecting Dropbox from an Apple desktop or laptop computer upgraded to File Provider, it is automatically downgraded to the previous setup ... or, when reconnecting, can I simply choose the Library>CloudStorage folder again to get back where I was with File Provider ?

Sam DBX
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi @rlesperance ,

Happy to help here.

We're currently working on making this a smoother experience. At this time, when signing back into the Dropbox app, you will not end up on the File Provider experience, and will need to opt in to end up back on it.

PS: Users on a Beta version of the desktop client would end up back on FP.

Let us know if this is clear,

Sam 

rlesperance
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Thanks. that's what I understood.

In that context, the desktop version should not allow to move to the File Provider version.

razorflash
Helpful | Level 6

What are the advantages of the CloudStorage File Provider Mac Feature ? 

For the moment for me it feels kind of buggy, so not really happy I opted in ?

Need more support?