cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Logic Pro X projects stored in Dropbox don't show up in "Recent"

Logic Pro X projects stored in Dropbox don't show up in "Recent"

misterjackpots
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi all, this is a niche issue and probably not Dropbox's "fault", but thought I'd ask here just in case.

Since I upgraded to the latest version of Dropbox for Mac (which moved the folder location, etc.), Logic Pro X projects stored in Dropbox no longer show up in File > Open Recent or in the Recent tab of Logic's startup window. 

The same thing was already happening with Google Drive for Desktop, so I would guess it's a general issue with the File Provider API. However, projects stored in iCloud Drive do show up in Recent. 

Other Apple apps (TextEdit, Pages) will show files from Dropbox in the Open Recent menu. (And Dropbox-stored Logic projects do show up in Recent Items under the top-left Apple menu.)

Making the folders available offline doesn't help.

Running Logic 10.7.6 in Ventura 13.1 on an M1 MacBook Pro.

Any ideas?

93 Replies 93

Midi_Sordino
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I'm back to the drawing board. I've tried iCloud+ and it's not great if you need to sync between different computers. You can't customise which folders to sync and the whole system seems too broad and lacking in features I take for granted in Dropbox. You can't even pause sync. I'm hoping Dropbox will find a fix for 'recent items' not showing up in Logic soon 🙏🏼

bauss
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Same here! It’s been so annoying not to be able to use recent items in logic since Dropbox’s update. Hopefully a fix comes soon.

This also goes for Final Cut. I’m no longer able to open or save library files in Dropbox folders.

Miltonline
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Not just me then. I couldn't work out my some past projects appeared and others didn't but yes 100% consistent with them being in Dropbox. Awaiting resolution when it comes...

misterjackpots
Helpful | Level 6

Hallelujah! It's fixed in Logic 10.8!

F Stuart L.
Helpful | Level 6

Finally! It only took like...2 years.  First step, Apple:  ADMIT YOU HAVE A PROBLEM....

MoksieMeppie
Explorer | Level 4

Oef the update is only available for newer iOS users... I'm not ready to update from 13.0. Still having issues with Plugin Alliance and such 

ReDRuMx
Helpful | Level 6

Good to hear. What OSX version are you using? 

misterjackpots
Helpful | Level 6

Sonoma 14.1

ReDRuMx
Helpful | Level 6

Thanks. I'm wondering if what fixed the glitch is the new Logic version (which can be installed on 13.5), or the new OSX... 

hnieuw
Explorer | Level 4
Hi! I would really like to know if this is sonoma or Logic 10.8. Could anyone check this please?
Need more support?