cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New laptop, app won't install

New laptop, app won't install

Suchmuchfun
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've been using Dropbox for years, never had a problem installing. Got a new laptop at work-actually an exchange for the same model where I had the app installed with no issues. Now when I try to install it starts then says I'm not connected to the internet. Of course, I am. Tried it at work and at home with no luck. Online sucks because I have to download and upload every change as online Word/Docs don't have the formatting power I need. So, without the app, the service is useless and I might as well be annoyed with Drive.

Any help with getting it installed?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Suchmuchfun wrote:

Now when I try to install it starts then says I'm not connected to the internet.

Since it's happening on multiple networks, it's likely something on the computer that is blocking Dropbox. Disable any firewall or antivirus software you may have running and try again. Since it's a work laptop, you may need to ask your IT department for assistance.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Suchmuchfun wrote:

Now when I try to install it starts then says I'm not connected to the internet.

Since it's happening on multiple networks, it's likely something on the computer that is blocking Dropbox. Disable any firewall or antivirus software you may have running and try again. Since it's a work laptop, you may need to ask your IT department for assistance.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?