cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Not eligible for Dropbox for macOS 12.5 or later

Not eligible for Dropbox for macOS 12.5 or later

Onnbrok
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi.

I work in an Graphic design agency where we use dropbox as a file server. Work a lot in inDesign and am starting to go crazy not being able to link online files.

Therefore we want to upgrade to the new version that supports the Apple silicon API.

However, we do not receive an invitation and in settings it says "You are not eligible for the updated Dropbox for macOS on File Provider at this time"

Have been in contact with dropboc support several times. Only get stupid answers before they stop replying at all.

Please, can anyone help?

21 Replies 21

asiufy
Collaborator | Level 8

Thanks for the reply.

Are there plans to raise or remove this 300K limit altogether? I'm too far off, at 440K files right now. 

From the looks of it, if I "unsync" 140K of them, I will have to download them all over again once I sync from them back... That's not very appealing right now...

Megan
Dropbox Staff

I see where you're coming from @asiufy.

To be honest, we don't have any plans to remove the limit for the time being. Simply because that's a soft limit, to make sure the app is working without any issues.

The performance of the Dropbox application starts to decline after reaching approximately about 300,000 files.

As for raising it to a higher number, I'll forward your feedback to the appropriate areas so we can continue to improve, but I can't promise you that this will be implemented any time soon. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?