cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Passwords not working.

Password Android App won't log in. "Oops! An error has occurred, please try again later."

Jess51
Explorer | Level 3

Recently got a Pixel 7 (upgraded from 3A where everything worked fine). Dropbox is installed and logged in. 

Trying to get logged in to Dropbox Passwords app. I hit the "Sign in with Dropbox" button, it takes me to a permissions screen ("Dropbox Passwords for Android would like access to the files and folders in your Dropbox"). I hit Allow. It says "Checking your status", then an error box pops up: "Oops! An error has occurred, please try again later." 

I have now installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled the Passwords up at least a dozen times. Uninstalled and reinstalled the Dropbox app. Rebooted the phone. Always the same results. How can I get the Passwords app to log in?

27 Replies 27

Jess51
Explorer | Level 3
Yes please!

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks, Jess! I just emailed you, so I'll see you there.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

RahulT
Explorer | Level 3
Recently I transferred ever app in my old mobile to new mobile. But dropbox passwords is not working in my new mobile. I thought, Because of login in old mobile it's not working, so I logout from old mobile then also I'm facing same issue.
Now I'm not able to login to dropbox passwords in old mobile also.
Now I'm stuck with this issue.

A Dreambox User
New member | Level 2

Hey RahulT,

To clarify, it's the app 'dropbox passwords' not working, instead of you forgetting your dropbox account password?

RahulT
Explorer | Level 3
I linked my "dropbox passwords" app to my dropbox.
I was able to login to "dropbox" app in my new mobile, But not able to login to "dropbox passwords".

RahulT
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, It's "dropbox passwords" app not working, not password of dropbox account.

RahulT
Explorer | Level 3
Recently I installed dropbox passwords manager app in my new mobile device by logging out from the old device.
But I'm not able to login into dropbox passwords in new device and also as I logout from old device I'm not able to login to old device also.
Is there any way to resolve this issue.
(I don't have the backup code).
But I'm able to login to the dropbox account which is linked for the dropbox passwords.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @RahulT, welcome to our Community! 

Can you please send me a screenshot of the exact error you're getting  and clarify how many devices you've linked to your Dropbox Passwords account?

Let me know!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

RahulT
Explorer | Level 3

Previously I had only one device linked to my dropbox passwords app.

From my new device, I logged out all the devices logged in from my dropbox account.

For screenshot, I'm not able to take screenshot from my mobile as it is showing ( Taking screenshots isn't allowed by the app).

But the error message I'm getting is
"Oops!
Error has occurred, Please try again later."

I tried so many times to login yet getting the same error message.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @RahulT, so, just for clarification, you tried to login on the new phone in the Dropbox Passwords app, but it didn't work. You then logged out of all other devices for the Dropbox Passwords app, and then you tried to login on the new phone, is that correct?

Did you save your recovery words in order to login to your account?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?