cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Shared Folder not visible in Windows App

Shared Folder not visible in Windows App

denis2000
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi

I have shared a folder from my Dropbox account with a number of people.  initially, my wife viewed the folder in my account on the windows app on her PC.  However, recently, she needed to create a new folder to share with some other people, so created her own account to which the Windows app on her PC is now linked.  She has access to my folder using a browser, but it isn't visible on her windows app.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks

Denis

16 Replies 16

denis2000
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

denis2000_0-1650374575158.pngdenis2000_1-1650374611740.png

Here you go

Denis

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi again, Denis! Thanks for the info you’ve sent so far. 

From what I understand, the folder that she can’t see locally on her desktop app is the shared one under the name “Olivia Jane”, right?

Can you let me know what’s the syncing status of her desktop app, as well as the app version it’s running? 

Also, is there any chance that she removed this folder from her Dropbox app, in order to save up hard drive space? She can check her selective sync settings to verify that.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

denis2000
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Nancy

Any set up would have been me, and I know I didn't delete any folders.  There's also no issue with disc space that needs to be restrictive.  However, your response made me look at the settings in the Dropbox app - I have realised that, whilst the app was working in terms of showing her shared dropbox folder, she wasn't actually logged in (clicking on the icon in the taskbar).  I have logged her in and she now can see the Olivia Jane folder.

Thank you for your help

Denis

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

That’s great news, Denis! I’m glad everything seems to be working properly now. 

If you need something else, I’ll be around the Community. 

Cheers!

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Peggye3
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I am having a similar problem. I have a shared folder where a member has dropped 2 folders with the shared folder, they show up on the website dropbox.com, but they will not sync to my dropbox app. Folder is shared with 5 people, we all have plenty of space and are all logged into the app properly. I have paused sync and restarted sync and these folders are not showing up on my local computer. Any ideas? Appreciate the input!

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Peggye3 wrote:

I have a shared folder where a member has dropped 2 folders with the shared folder, they show up on the website dropbox.com, but they will not sync to my dropbox app.

Check the names of those folders and make sure they don't have any characters in them that would be considered incompatible with your operating system. If they do, rename the folders to avoid such characters and they'll sync. This is a common occurrence, especially when Mac and Windows users are collaborating.

Peggye3
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Brilliant! It is the MAC vs Windows issue! The one thing I had forgotten. Thank you sir!

Need more support?