cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Sync and Quick Preview on Mac

Smart Sync and Quick Preview on Mac

Andrew-RFLB
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Smart Sync causes my quick preview function (spacebar) to not function properly on my Mac. I can't preview thumbnails, or quick preview any videos or photos. Any ideas why this happens?

147 Replies 147

studiovers
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same problem. 

What is the solution?

jackiesaik
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Wondering if a resolve was ever discovered for this?  I just had a chat with an online support person that went no where.

CNowell
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi Norah,

Were you ever able to pinpoint what could be causing this?

It's been a week since my last response, and it seems as if more and more people continue to have this issue.

While I'm not trying to be argumentative or points fingers, all documentation that I've been able to find on this issue seems seems to blame how Dropbox is handling QL in OSX. And so, for everyone else who continues to have this issue, I will continue to post here to keep search engines bringing this post near the top of results until we get some sort of explanation or a fix. Â¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Leahlc
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

How can you classify this problem as solved, when it clearly is not?

gtang
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have this problem too. Did they have a fix yet?

Leahlc
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Norah - why has this forum been marked as solved? It clearly is not, and many of us have already been contacted by a DB rep which is also a dead end. Can we have this re-opened so that it is given some attention?

User4759
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I'm having the same problem. The preview icons sometimes show up on files that are stored online-only, but most of the time not. I've found that deleting my finder preference file and relaunching finder works for about 10 previews, and then it's like it gives up and goes back to just loading the icon instead of a thumbnail of the image. And once it gives up, I can't see any images, including those that are only locally stored.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Leahlc - anybody is able to mark it as solved I'm afraid, so, even if one person found something that worked on here for them they can then flag that as a solution. Dropboxer's and Super Users dont mark anything as solved so its a third party person.

For everybody still having issues can you please log a ticket:
www.dropbox.com/support if you havent already done so. It may also be worth including a link to here.
You can then track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

wether77
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I also had this problem, and fixed it temporarily with some terminal commands that were suggested on another forum. Now it is back again, and I am trying to find that information again so I can reset it again. It WAS a dropbox related problem. 

Tudor V.
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I've been having the same problem occuring often since I activated Smart Sync. The temporary fix is to reset QuickLook in Terminal with this command:

qlmanage -r

I just hope this will be fixed soon, otherwise I'll switch back to the Plus plan because Smart Sync was the main reason why I upgraded to Pro.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    jgalindo New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?