cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Dropbox desktop app on my computer is giving me an error when I try to sign in

The Dropbox desktop app on my computer is giving me an error when I try to sign in

jvoong
Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

For some reason, I cannot sign into the Dropbox app on the computer anymore. At first, I was having problems with syncing. It kept saying that I was not connected to the internet. So I uninstalled and reinstalled it. I also changed Proxy Setting to "No Proxy" as I heard it may fix the problem.

Now, when I try to sign in, this message appears:

jvoong_1-1658192519249.png

Not sure what I can do at this point to get Dropbox to be working on my computer desktop anymore. Please help!

Thank you!

10 Replies 10

jenplacido
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Demitri,

Thanks for this info! In Trend Micro Web Security's perspective, the customer is just using a PAC file address that is inputted in the Script address section of the Windows Proxy Settings and they have already deleted the entry. In addition, there is no agent installed that may enforce the assigned pac file. Can clearing the Dropbox cache delete a stale proxy entry from the Dropbox app?

Thanks again! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jenplacido Explorer | Level 3
    Demitri Dropbox Staff
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
    jvoong Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?