cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upload a Photo Album from iPhone to Dropbox

Upload a Photo Album from iPhone to Dropbox

EricaD
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

How can you upload just one photo album to Dropbox from iPhone? I would like to just get my Favorites album uploaded to Dropbox.

Is there a way to either 1. select a whole album for upload or 2. easily select all photos in an album for upload? From what I have tried, it appears I can only select one photo at a time. I have 2,400 favorite photos I want to upload to Dropbox and selecting them one at a time is not a task I am up for.

And importing to my Mac first doesn't seem to be an option either... Image Capture doesn't show albums. iPhoto wants to import all photos first (and can't because there's not enough space on my computer). iTunes doesn't show albums because iCloud is on. I could download from iCloud but then the photos lose all the date/time metadata that I need. 

Would appreciate any help! Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
You should be able to open the iPhone app.
Click on the big +
Click 'Upload Photos'
That defaults to the camera roll, but, if you click on the word 'Camera Roll' at the top you can change it to another album.
There you simply click on each photo you want to upload (you do need to click each one I'm afraid) and then press 'Upload'.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
You should be able to open the iPhone app.
Click on the big +
Click 'Upload Photos'
That defaults to the camera roll, but, if you click on the word 'Camera Roll' at the top you can change it to another album.
There you simply click on each photo you want to upload (you do need to click each one I'm afraid) and then press 'Upload'.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

EricaD
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, when I click on the big + button, then uploads, the next option is to choose an album and my only choices are: all photos, instagram, dropbox, and snapchat. Not sure why it doesn't show all my albums. The only option I am seeing is to hunt for my 2,000 favorites hidden amongst the 30,000 photos in the "all photos" album... seems like there should be a much more efficient option 😕 

Stefanie
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi Erica,

What Mark suggested should work. If you are not seeing this option, please try reinstalling the Dropbox app. If the problem persists, please feel free to reach out to support on https://www.dropbox.com/support.

Thank you!

deeJ715
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Hi. Can someone tell me the most efficient way to move a large number of photos/videos (5-10,000 items) from iOS (photos app) to my Dropbox Business account? I tried to “select all” from an album in iOS Photos then “share” to Dropbox but assuming my phone can’t handle that because the app just hangs for a while then stops without making a transfer. Possibly a 3rd party app available to handle such task? Thanks in advance!!

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @deeJ715, welcome to the Dropbox Community! 

You should be able to manually upload the desired content, if you follow these steps. 

Can you give this a go, and let me know if you have any questions? 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?