cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working in a new department, new work folders show up in web interface but not Windows Explorer

Working in a new department, new work folders show up in web interface but not Windows Explorer

Wolverine1
Explorer | Level 3

I recently transferred to a new department (I'll call it Dept O), but within the same company. When I open the Dropbox web interface, I see all of the folders for Dept O. But when I open the Dropbox folder in Windows Explorer, I only see folders from my old department (Dept M).

The problem is that I'm trying to run a program that will create a series of new folders within one of the Dept O folders on Dropbox. The program keeps giving me an error that the specified path does not exist, presumably because the target folder doesn't show up in Windows.

As a test, I tried to manually recreate the correct folder path by creating a new folder in the Dropbox folder in Windows. It created the folder, but appended "(Selective Sync Conflict 1)" to the folder name. So obviously Dropbox knows that the desired folder already exists. But I still can't get that folder to appear in Windows.

The folder structure I'm trying to create is part of a much larger set of folders. There will be 8-10 people using these folders, so I can't just use a different path or folder name.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@Wolverine1 wrote:

It created the folder, but appended "(Selective Sync Conflict 1)" to the folder name.

Go into your Selective Sync settings and make sure the necessary folder is checked.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@Wolverine1 wrote:

It created the folder, but appended "(Selective Sync Conflict 1)" to the folder name.

Go into your Selective Sync settings and make sure the necessary folder is checked.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?