cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to find dropbox account details from command line

how to find dropbox account details from command line

Kaman
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I am using dropbox on my linux box (NO UI, just command line).

I know how to find dropbox account details (eg: login email) from UI.

Just do not know how to find account details from command line.

Is that possible?  Please help me.

I just want to do something like this from command line:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/account/find-account-email

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there (@Kaman), thanks for your patience! I’ve consulted my resources & I can confirm your initial thought; in other words, as mentioned here: If you're running Dropbox on your server for the first time, you'll be asked to copy and paste a link in a working browser to create a new account or add your server to an existing account. Because this information isn’t stored, you will not be able to retrieve it at a later date. 

Hopefully this answers your question, however please do let me know here in case you have any follow-up questions & I’ll do my best to check back on this discussion asap. Cheers! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there (@Kaman), I’m wondering if you’ve had a chance to check back on this resource to get going with that. From there, could you elaborate a bit on what info you’d like to gather, so as to make sure I’m following-up with you correctly? 

Thanks a lot for taking the time to clarify matters for me; rest assured that I’m here to help as much as possible. Have a wonderful Friday ahead & I’ll be awaiting your next reply! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Kaman
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have checked the link you provided.

This is where I learn how to setup dropbox on command line.

BUT I cannot find a way find my "ACCOUNT EMAIL".  That's the reason I post this question here.  I guess you need update your linux client to add this function?

Kaman
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Can someone confirm it is impossible for now?

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Ah, there could have been a refreshing issue on my end, so I had only seen your first message here (@Kaman), please accept my apologies for the slight delay in getting back in touch. I’ve asked whether there’s an option to retrieve this detail using the Command line & once I have an update, I’ll circle back to you on this discussion. I hope this is-even slightly- helpful to you! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there (@Kaman), thanks for your patience! I’ve consulted my resources & I can confirm your initial thought; in other words, as mentioned here: If you're running Dropbox on your server for the first time, you'll be asked to copy and paste a link in a working browser to create a new account or add your server to an existing account. Because this information isn’t stored, you will not be able to retrieve it at a later date. 

Hopefully this answers your question, however please do let me know here in case you have any follow-up questions & I’ll do my best to check back on this discussion asap. Cheers! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropbox Staff
    Kaman Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?