cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 11 Files App iPad - waiting to download

iOS 11 Files App iPad - waiting to download

Bobmnh
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Using the Files App on iOS 11 - on my 11.2 iPhone 7 Plus everything works perfectly. From the Files App I see thumbnail representation of Dropbox files, I tap the file (e.g. a PDF) and it downloads and opens. On my 9.7 iPad Pro also running 11.2 - same Dropbox account - same files - no thumbnails, and every file tap results in “Waiting to download” and a spinning circle forever. 

Cleared cache, no Dropbox pin, turned off 2FA, deleted and reinstalled both Dropbox and Files App and same result. Contacted Dropbox Support and got boilerplate “use our app instead of Apple’s” mindless response. Apple support says it is a Dropbox issue. I just want it to work like it does on the phone. 

Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

CC_JF
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey again! Just wanted to close the loop here and let y’all know that this has since been fixed as of 82.2, which has been available for a couple weeks. We do have a few additional fixes in the works, and those will likely roll out in the few releases as well.

Thanks everyone for your patience!

CC_JF

View solution in original post

31 Replies 31

Azpekt
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same issue

Kermetajb
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Same issue. I have the 10.5 iPad. My audio editor Ferrite uses Files to import audio from Dropbox. I can listen to my audio in Dropbox but Files won’t download it. I’ve had off and on problems with this since iOS 11 but this is the worst it’s been in the past few days. Let me know if anyone finds a solution. 

Bobmnh
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

So the latest version of Dropbox which was available yesterday for install seems to have fixed the problem on my iPad.  I’ll report back if the issue re-occurs.

Azpekt
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
not for me - same stuff. keeps at “waiting for download” status in Files app on iPad. Dropbox able to save files for offline access, but I have no clue where it saves it locally (if it does that at all) to be able to access those files with other apps.

Kermetajb
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you so much. That worked! 

Flamindutts
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

iOS apps are sandboxed so the saved file will be on the local device but held within the storage allocated to the DropBox app.  To my knowledge the only way to open the file once saved locally is to open it in DropBox and then select the 3 dots to export it to a different app.

I don’t know how Dropbox would handle saving the data if you make changes.

Flamindutts
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

My issues still persist with the latest version of the DropBox App

IamJeffPerry
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same issue. IPad Pro 10.5 running 11.2 on latest Dropbox release. Happens in both Ferrite and Files app. 

When downloading it within the Dropbox app it does not download in Files. Seems to be two separate repositories. 

Bobmnh
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

And now it no longer works.... This is very frustrating. 

thinking going all in on iCloud may be the best option. Dropbox just keeps getting less reliable.  It is very slow to start up on my older Mac’s as well.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

CC_JF Dropbox Staff
    Nicolas R.14 Explorer | Level 4
    Architetto D. Collaborator | Level 9
    Theodore S.1 Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?