cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 11 Files App iPad - waiting to download

iOS 11 Files App iPad - waiting to download

Bobmnh
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Using the Files App on iOS 11 - on my 11.2 iPhone 7 Plus everything works perfectly. From the Files App I see thumbnail representation of Dropbox files, I tap the file (e.g. a PDF) and it downloads and opens. On my 9.7 iPad Pro also running 11.2 - same Dropbox account - same files - no thumbnails, and every file tap results in “Waiting to download” and a spinning circle forever. 

Cleared cache, no Dropbox pin, turned off 2FA, deleted and reinstalled both Dropbox and Files App and same result. Contacted Dropbox Support and got boilerplate “use our app instead of Apple’s” mindless response. Apple support says it is a Dropbox issue. I just want it to work like it does on the phone. 

Any suggestions?

31 Replies 31

Nicolas R.14
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
The issues have been reported on the Connected Podcast as well:
https://overcast.fm/+FXx6LVqac/1:24:51
Really hope a fix is coming soon, this has been very frustrating.
Thank you for your hard work and patience as well 🙂

CC_JF
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey again! Just wanted to close the loop here and let y’all know that this has since been fixed as of 82.2, which has been available for a couple weeks. We do have a few additional fixes in the works, and those will likely roll out in the few releases as well.

Thanks everyone for your patience!

CC_JF

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

CC_JF Dropbox Staff
    Nicolas R.14 Explorer | Level 4
    Architetto D. Collaborator | Level 9
    Theodore S.1 Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?