cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn more about Dropbox Replay? We’ve just launched a brand new group, find out how to join here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad app won't let me log in - please help!

iPad app won't let me log in - please help!

Sarah W.31
New member | Level 1

The dropbox app won't let me login on the iPad app, it keeps giving me the message "login failed" even though the credentials are 100% accurate.

Also, for every four or five tries I do, it takes me to a page with a captcha and asks me to verify. The captchas are mostly illegible, but when I finally do find one I can read I type it in and click verify only to have the app kick me out to the sign in screen and give me that same "login failed" message. 

Note: my iPad iOS and dropbox app are both completely up to date.

32 Replies 32

Typaden
New member | Level 2
I can’t log into my account using my iPhone.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Can you let us know some more info about the issue you’re facing? Such as if you are trying to sign in via the mobile app or the web browser on your device. Also, if you see any error messages then please send a screenshot of this (excluding any personal info).

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

rt_asl
New member | Level 2

No kidding. I just wasted an hour trying to get my older iPad to connect to Dropbox.  Let's try "customer service" Dropbox!  How hard is it to have a meaningful error message??

I think I'll be joining the crowd and using another service.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

rt_asl New member | Level 2
    Daphne Dropbox Staff
    Typaden New member | Level 2
    tango1 Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?