cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Dropbox failed to uninstall" on Win10.

"Dropbox failed to uninstall" on Win10.

arrysaa
Explorer | Level 4

Trying to uninstall Dropbox Client in my Win 10 Home edition n the uninstallation process incompletes with "Dropbox failed to uninstall" n try to remove manually n reinstall it also ends up with the same error. Already follow the steps from previous post in Dropbox Community, still no luck. Can please help......

39 Replies 39

JustinK_
Dropbox Product Manager

Hi @arrysaa! I'm a Dropbox product manager, responsible for making the desktop more helpful and easier to use. Would you be open to connecting on your experience with dropbox so far?

FrankFlorida
New member | Level 2

I got the same error and the same problem but running Win 11 Home. Has a solution found yet? 

FrankFlorida
New member | Level 2

After Dropbox was running fine for a long time, suddenly I am getting vcruntime140.dll error at startup and dropbox stopped working. Not sure if this was caused by a recent windows update or something else. How can this error be fixed without loosing any files? 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Sorry to hear that, @FrankFlorida.

Would you mind sending us a screenshot of the error and also of the Dropbox sync status and version?

The latter will be found by hovering over the Dropbox icon in your system tray (as long as the icon is there of course).

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

boazamr
New member | Level 2

Same error and the same problem running Win 11 Home.]No way to unninstall the app.

Any solution ? 

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey there @boazamr, let's jump right into this! 

Have you tried these steps that my colleague provided earlier during this discussion?

Feel free to clarify if you've followed any of the steps mentioned throughout this thread, in order for us to be on the same page about the troubleshooting that you've followed. 

Keep me posted!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

arrysaa
Explorer | Level 4

Megan, 

I had raised initially on this issue "Dropbox failed to uninstall on Win 10" initially since last March and until today - there is no fixed solution.

I had a series of communication with the Community group to get this issue resoution.

Please go through all discussion in this Community support group and I had followed all steps as requested and provided the snapshot screen of the issue. Already tried to uninstall with Admin priviledge and ended up with "Dropbox failed to uninstall" and I had to perform uninstall Dropbox cleanly via the uninstall tool "Revo Uninstaller" - then reinstall it again with Admin priviledges- the installation continued and suddenly disappeared and the installation's incomplete. There is no Dropbox icon on Taskbar and when executing Dropbox.exe got and the error message pop-up showing "Dropbox.exe - System Error - The code execution cannot proceed because C:\Program Files(x86)\Dropbox\Client\199.4.6287\VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." Checked the file on the located path above - actually vcruntime140.dll exists.

Please help on the resolution of this issue.... am running Windows 10 Home edition 64-bit on my personal Dell laptop.

Arry

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @arrysaa, I did just that and it seems that we're trying to rectify this for quite some time. 

I was also able to locate one of your latest ticket number -#23494369- and it seems that it closed due to inactivity, and the troubleshooting wasn't continued there. 

I'd like to send you a new ticket, in order for it to be re-escalated to our Advanced agents, in order to continue working with them there, now that you're feeling better. Is that okay? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

arrysaa
Explorer | Level 4
Megan,

That's fine .... you can open the new ticket to rectify the issue.

Rgrds,
Arry

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @arrysaa, happy Monday!

I just sent you an email, in order for us to have a closer look into this.

I'll see you there, thanks! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    arrysaa Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?