cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to company file but it is too big?

Access to company file but it is too big?

briannas1170
New member | Level 2

My company has a dropbox file they all use with a business account. They tried to invite me to edit the folder but my account is saying it's too big to access. I should be linked to their account. I am not able to even open the folder they invited me to edit. 

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@briannas1170 wrote:

My company has a dropbox file they all use with a business account. They tried to invite me to edit the folder but my account is saying it's too big to access. I should be linked to their account.

You've been invited to a shared folder, and in order to accept and gain access to the share you need to have enough space in your account to hold the folder.

If they have an actual Business team account, they can invite you to join the team which will merge your account into theirs (making them the owner of the account) and you'll get access to the shared team space and any folders they share with you. If you have personal files in your account, I'd suggest joining the team with a new account instead, so you can keep your account separate.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?