cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate Dropbox Transfer

Automate Dropbox Transfer

silverpan
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello,

Is there any feature in the pipeline which will allow a dropbox transfer link to be automatically created when a new file or subfolder is added to a folder in dropbox?

We manually send out many transfers to our clients each day (we are a photographic lab sending out scanned film images to customers, who do not have dropbox accounts) - manually uploading each folder of images with the desktop dropbox app is very time consuming, and any new feature to automate this would help us save time.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@silverpan wrote:

Is there any feature in the pipeline which will allow a dropbox transfer link to be automatically created when a new file or subfolder is added to a folder in dropbox?

Dropbox rarely discuss their roadmap until a feature is ready for release. At the moment, there's no way to automate the Transfer feature, and there's no API available for it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@silverpan wrote:

Dropbox rarely discuss their roadmap until a feature is ready for release. At the moment, there's no way to automate the Transfer feature, and there's no API available for it.

Dalton1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I used it inadvertently (not the automated part) but this seems way too easy to activate. I found out when I was notified that some trial document links EXPIRED two days before I knew it! Good **bleep** thing it's not actually in trial yet! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Dalton1 Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?