cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in learning how media industry leaders use Dropbox Replay? Register for our webinar here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I give view only access to the parent folder and edit access to the subfolders?

Can I give view only access to the parent folder and edit access to the subfolders?

MDPA
New member | Level 2

Hi all

I'm running a project and using Dropbox as main file repository for a number of internal and external colleagues.

I want ALL colleagues to have read access to everything.

I want CHOSEN colleaues to have edit access to certain subfolders (the disciplines they are responsible for).

I've tried creating a read only link to the main folder, then creating and sending edit links to the various subfolders.

Is this how I should do it? Is there a better way?

It doesn't seem to have worked. It seems that the people only have read access even when using the edit access link.

Rowan

1 Reply 1

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @MDPA, thanks for posting to our Community.

Can you try inviting your colleagues to the subfolders, by following the steps here?

That should help with the edit access on the subfolders.

But if you're on a Dropbox Business team, you also need to make sure that external sharing is enabled in the admin console.

Let me know how it goes.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?