cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Drag Files to Dropbox Folder in Catalina

Can't Drag Files to Dropbox Folder in Catalina

Ted G.
Collaborator | Level 8

Hello,

In catalina I am no longer able to drag files in finder into the dropbox folder.  The selected object just sort of springs back into place and will not enter the Dropbox folder.

191 Replies 191

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Hey @SPowling, thanks for the nudge! 

While I don’t currently have an update from the relevant team, I could create a ticket on our system if you’d like to contribute your report & findings on our ongoing investigation. 

Please let me know if you’d be okay with that. Thanks again! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

stationagent
Explorer | Level 4

Having the same issue. Hope you all get a resolution soon. It's making it hard to be productive.

wanyulee
New member | Level 2

Same problem here. Extension is installed and running. Logo appears in sidebar.

macOS 10.15.1

Fiona
Dropbox Staff

Hey @stationagent and @wanyulee, thanks for your paticipation. 

Since you've already tried the troubleshooting steps offered here, please create a ticket with us and get back to us with your ticket numbers.

Thank you for your patience. 

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

payleinad
New member | Level 2

Hi, I'm having the same issue while running macOS 10.15.1 and Dropbox 85.4.155. I've already checked that the logo appears in the sidebar as well as made sure the extension is installed and running. Additionally, I've tried restarting my computer and reinstalling Dropbox.

MisterShifter
New member | Level 2

Seriously considering switching to iCloud Drive from Dropbox unless they can sort this out. It's pretty annoying.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Hey @payleinad & @MisterShifter, thanks for the nudge! 

We can work on that via ticket, so I’ve just sent you a brief message through our support system & once you reply back to me we can take it from where we left off here. 

Have a nice day & I’ll be awaiting your replies! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Tomleejr
Helpful | Level 5

I have several tickets in, and updates from Dropbox that they are aware of this. I have tried the different sync adjustments to no avail. I did find if I right click the file, and select" move to" dropbox it will.

But dragging and dropping is not an option for us, either.

eliberumen27
New member | Level 2

Waiting on a solution for this issue as well. I'll keep checking back.

phollings
New member | Level 2

I had the same issue... but noticed once I actually opened (downloaded) the document I was trying to trying to move, I was able to drag it to the destination folder. Bit of a pain... and you do have to fiddle a bit to "grab" it.  

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

ctskelly New member | Level 2
    Daphne Dropbox Staff
    akoozab New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?