cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Change the modified date

Change the modified date

Vlad B.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Is there a way where I can alter the modified date of the file uploaded? I want to back date a certain files uploaded into my account.
Thanks.

14 Replies 14

Jojo H.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Can someone help me..I just uploaded my pics to Lightroom..about 1,000 of them...they were from two diff cameras..so the time of the pics were off (ex. bride putting the wedding dress on is taking with one camera, and then5 min later bride getting pics with bridal party on other camera,,but there are a lot of in between photos..when i organized them on Light Room I manually put them in order from both cameras...Problem is when I upload them to Dropbox the pics go back to the order in Time when they were taken on the day of..I need them all to be in Sync from the times that I manually put them in...Can anyone please help me? Desperate!

darfnader
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have tried every way possible to upload files to Dropbox in a way that it doesn't change the Last Modified date but no matter what you do, the file gets its Last Modifed date changed to whenver it was uploaded. It's absolutely agregious, but totally typical for cloud hosting of files. I think I am over using cloud based sync for this very reason. It's time to just do peer-to-peer syncing. As long as I present I web, WebDav, or SFTP client to the files on my home computer (which has it's ssh port NATted) I can get access. There's no need to pay through the nose for a service that hasn't worked right for nearly 10 years.

drumby
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I'm quitting my monthly payments to Dropbox for this very reason. I spent 4 days repairing the damage Dropbox did to all my Last Modified dates - today it promptly changed them all again without asking me. Sorry, I rely on last modified dates in my architectural practice so Dropbox is of no use ot me.

MadraRua
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have photos dated 2004 jpg.I did not have a camera then.Modified date of 2004 include photos taken in 2013.Can I change,say modified date to what seems rational to 2014/12/31

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Dropbox does not have any ability to change the time and date stamps of your files. You'll either need to use the options available in your operating system, or a third-party utility that allows you change them.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Need more support?