cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clean My Mac update caused TOTAL FILE RESYNC

Clean My Mac update caused TOTAL FILE RESYNC

faustlaw
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I just updated clean my mac ran it and now my Dropbox is resyncing ALL THE FILES.  What went wrong?  I don't want this to happen again.

Thank you. 

21 Replies 21

graemetic
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Excellent thanks, that was a really simple fix.

faustlaw
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have done this several times but it does NOT IGNORE.  Dropbox cache shows up every time and I have to de-select it to stop the re-indexing problem.  Help!!!  Any other ideas????

faustlaw
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Yes, it is but how do I get the "add to ignore list" to stick?? The DB cache shows up on every clean. Help!!

graemetic
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Spoke too soon! Just ran the maintenance utility on CleanMyMac 3 and now have a couple of hours of frustratingly slow performance as my 55,000 dropbox files resync! CMM is definitely going in the bin now.

arigoldfilms
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution
I suggest CleanMyMac customer service if the Ignore List isn't sticking for you. They'll reply within a day or two. Please share the solution with this forum.

faustlaw
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I think it's the maintenance utility also.  I just ran clean, unchecked the DB related files because it doesn't ignore DB file and no sync.  THEN AFTER maintenance, it's resyncing again.  I hate this.  Please HELP!!!!

faustlaw
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
20170723_085010 It's resyncing now, not re-indexing. What is going on with CMM? I may have to dump it. It's interrupting my work.

Any new suggestions?

faustlaw
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
20170723_085119 I updated to latest stable version and still having the problem.

faustlaw
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
20170723_085408 I have tried to use ignore list but it doesn't stick for next clean.

faustlaw
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
20170723_085447 It doesn't stick. Next time DB files show up again. I uncheck them now. However, it just happened again -- resyncing 400,000+ files. Ugh. I think maintenance may be doing it now?
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Storyer New member | Level 2
    arigoldfilms Collaborator | Level 10
    faustlaw Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?