cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy public link is not working on dropbox.com

Copy public link is not working on dropbox.com

Seneca M.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi I've been using that COPY PUBLIC LINK from dropbox.com for years and at first it used to actually copy it to the windows copy buffer as it should.  Over the past couple of months it would pop the address as it should but it stopped being able to automatically copy to the copy buffer, but luckily i could still do it myself manually by manually selecting the text and hitting ctrl-c.  In the latest build of dropbox.com, it doesn't even list the address to the file anymore and obviously it couldn't copy to the buffer beforehands but now i can't do it manually either!  😞

so i can't share any files from dropbox.com right now!  😞  I've tried in both google chrome and firefox and same issue with both.  As for which version of windows i'm running, it's the up to date win10....   Thanks in advance.

-seneca

105 Replies 105

Kat K.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same, and I am using it for work purposes.  This is pretty hurt that this issue has gone on this long.  I've tweeted at their support as well as their main account in hopes it will be brought to their attention faster.

Armando M.5
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Dear Sirs, for years I copy a link for sharing my videos with the option of shorten the link,

this useful feature is gone - I can't understand why.

But worse, now when I click the link, instead of a black window on the browser on full HD,

the link send you to a white windows inside (?) dropbox, and the video is not on HD!

Are this changes on Dropbox or is just a fail of my system?

Thank you very much, best regards

Armando Mejia L.

Ian C.28
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Have the same issue. I really appreciate the automated response I got from submitting the bug-report.

Pablo f.6
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Sample problem here since yesterday!

JJ S.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Very annoying issue. I've just been sending a 'share folder' link which contains the files (zips) instead of what I would normally send as individual links. Hope it's resolved asap!

Kevin H.24
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

same problem -- very annoying!

Jonathan M.23
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I'm having the exact same issue and until they fix it, it has effectively crippled my ability to use Dropbox.

Like others have mentioned, I've tried multiple web browsers and the ability to copy public links just doesn't work on ANY of them. This is a serious issue that needs to be addressed ASAP.

If not, I expect Dropbox will seriously suffer, as that is such a basic function that everyone I know that has a Dropbox account makes use of (and I know a lot of people with Dropbox accounts).

vardenis
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same problem here. I've tried several web browsers as well. Need to be fixed ASAP!

SEBASTIAN R.4
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Exactly the same problem, if this doesn't get fixed soon I'll have to drop the box and find another service.

Light A.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same problem. Very annoying!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Oscar Y. New member | Level 2
    Mohammed L.1 Explorer | Level 3
    Stefanie Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?