cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Stuck syncing

Desktop app is syncing some files forever

Darren A.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi All,

A week or so ago dropbox got stuck syncing. Says syncing 42 files, forever. Some files are being synced, but others arent. I reinstalled software, I relinked the account. Nothing has worked. Running Win10, dropbox version 12.4.22.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

29 Replies 29

rpetje
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The same problem. We have serious problems with that. It is necessary to solve the problem quickly.

steffen_le
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
May I ask, is it the same like with my computers that the problem appears only on Windows 32-bit systems?

madhatterts
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I am experiencing this on a 64 bit Windows 7 system.

steffen_le
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Thank you for the information. Do you ask the support for help, too. They wait with the answer with me... I am getting crazy with this problem. I am starting to think changing the system...

RouseA
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I use Dropbox to synchronise files on two computers while delevoping embedded firmware and it works brilliantly.  However, I have just added a third computer and it repeatedly gets stuck syncing.  If I unlink it then re-link it first says it is syncing 40,000+ files.  The number gradually reduces until around 15 (different each time I repeat), then stops.  The Setting menu says it is indexing 4 files.  If I modify a file on one of the other computers the number will increase, but never decreases.

No problems with the other computers.  All run Windows 10 64-bit.  The new computer is a Lenovo Yoga 700

tstanbur
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've been having very similar problems for several days, (Windows 7) wasting many hours with all the "fixes" suggested.

I've just downloaded the latest stable build 13.4.21 from here

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Desktop-client-builds/bd-p/101003016

and all is now working as expected!

There is clearly major bugs with 12.4.22 that have affected many people - Dropbox have not acknowledged this and I'm not sure why the latest version hasn't "auto updated".

I hope if you update then this will fix the issue for you too.

Thanks,

Tom

steffen_le
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
I had the same problem with the beta too. I will try the version again. However, it is very disapointing that dropbox does not anwer to my support request...

RouseA
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks!  This seems to have solved the problem, but I will reserve judgement for a while to confirm it is a complete fix

steffen_le
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
So the same happens to me. I reinstalled it several times. Every time the same. It downloads almost 99 percent and then it stucks... I see that my hope the problem might be the 32-bit system is it not. Thanks! My problem computer is also a Lenovo... I will try and stopp the update system of Lenovo now.

emerrill
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have the same problem, on MacOS Sierra. Was running 13.4.15. Trying 13.4.21.

Need more support?