cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Capture videos buffering

Dropbox Capture videos buffering

Terry t.7
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I'm evaluating Dropbox for my business and am trying out the Dropbox Paper feature.  The recorded video buffers and stalls and is more-or-less unwatchable.  I don't have problems like this with any other similar tools (Loom, MS Streams, Youtube).  I'm in Australia and a colleague in New Zealand has the same buffering there.

If I upgraded to a business plan, would the same buffering occur?

5 Replies 5

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @Terry t.7, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Can you please clear your browser's cache or try another browser and let me know if you get the same results?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Brandon K.3
Helpful | Level 6

I am having the same issue for about a month. I logged a ticket with DropBox and they keep trying to tell me it's my system that is the issue. Where I can stream 4K videos from other sources and full length movies with no issue. I have provided all my system specs as well as my upload and download speeds to show that it's not an issue on my side. 

I wanted to jump on this chat to show there is an issue and to see if anyone in the community has figured it out. 

My assumption is that Dropbox changed their video player and since they did that there are issues which appears they are not willing to trouble shoot that aspect. 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Brandon K.3, sorry to see you're also having this issue.

Would you mind sending over the ticket number from your communication with our support team, so we can look it up in our system?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Larry8369
Explorer | Level 4
I’m in the USA with a 2 gigabit wi-fi. All the videos I play no matter the source works fine. Dropbox however is terrible. It buffers big time before playing. I wouldn’t recommend it for video if that’s what’s needed.

Larry8369
Explorer | Level 4
I have a 2 gigabit wi-fi all videos no matter the source is wonderful. That being said, Dropbox is terrible. I upload my videos and when I try to view them it buffers for an intolerable amount of time. When shared with others they have the same problem.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Larry8369 Explorer | Level 4
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Brandon K.3 Helpful | Level 6
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?