cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Public Folder

Dropbox Public Folder

Richard F.27
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I understand that the current sharing functionality of the Public folder will change on or about March 15, 2017; my question is: will the NAME of the Public folder change on or about March 15, or will it still be called Public?

31 Replies 31

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Leo, you can do exactly the same with Shared links.

Simply get a link to whatever folder the results are in, share that out and when people click on it they can go to whatever file/s they want within the folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/help/167

Also. Just to keep things in one place I'm going to close this thread. For any other questions/comments please see the larger Public Folder thread over at https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Sharing-and-collaboration/Ending-support-of-public-folder/m-p/197906...

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

emanuensis
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

HUMBUG!
i would guess this msg is a "no-reply" because they did not want to get an earful.

They took away HTML interpretation, then they took away the PUBLIC folder, now they are removing permanence. Is there ANY utility left, in the ?service?

--

"from Dropbox <no-reply@dropbox.com>

Hi...

Welcome back to Dropbox! We're emailing to let you know that your account under ... is safe and marked as active...

Happy syncing!
- The Dropbox Team"

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

emanuensis New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
    LeoC2 Explorer | Level 4
    RuThaN New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?