cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox is re-syncing my files again?

Dropbox is re-syncing my files again?

Viqhaas M.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Why on earth is this happening ?!? its resyncing everything again nothing has been changed why ?

114 Replies 114

nirwa
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

My issue is similar--frequency is variable, it works for a while, then fails again.As far as I can tell it looks like the reauthentication times out, dropbox pops up a web page and relinks the computer.

Good to know I am not the only one--shared pain, etc, etc.

Ataur
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
I want to legal judjment

StevenGu3
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Having similar issues, the "Fall update" for Windows 10 caused my Dropbox to resync everything on a couple of PCs.

I have very fast internet and other PCs so it is not major for me. If I do want to get something fast when this sort of thing happens I just skip the queue and go to the Dropbox site work on and place back in the box when it is finished resyncing.

denzil
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This seems to happen on my Windows 10 machine whenever I move a folder within the Dropbox folder structure (e.g. just grouping files, or consolidating folders).  With over 600,000 files, this takes DAYS to finish.  I've a 60Mbps Internet link and an M.2 hard drive, so I'm not I/O limited.

Come on Devs, why does this happen so frequently, yet take so long?  I can understand the purpose, but it becomes a showstopper when you want to use/update files, and you can't use Dropbox for days at a time!

Michael L.52
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have had a great experience with Dropbox, having had my 1TB 90-99% full variably over the last 1 year plus and no significant issues.

Only recently, in the last week or so, Dropbox decides to re-sync all files (~250,000) that are selectively synced on my work Macbook Pro every time I open my laptop for the day. It goes relatively fast (1 hour or so), but is a problem.

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
This sounds like a re-indexing, as re-syncing all those files would take much longer. This can happen if you run a beta version of our app. Check to see that you are using a stable version, denoted by a xx.4.xx, instead of the beta xx.3.xx. 

If the issue continues, go ahead and submit a support ticket here, so our team can investigate further. 

Cheers!  

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

HollisHoHo
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

SEVEN PAGES OF CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS ABOUT RANDOM resynching of files & NOT one solution.  The same thing is happening to me.  WHAT IS THE SOLUTION?????????????????

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi again, @HollisHoHo

If you’re experiencing syncing issues, we need to put you in touch with a support agent for assistance. You can either write in here, or allow me to get a support ticket started on your behalf.

Keep in mind that our support team will not troubleshoot unless you are using the latest stable build of our app, and not a beta. A beta version is denoted by a xx.
3.xx, instead of the xx.4.xx. If you are on a beta build, it means that you have opted in to Early Releases in your online account settings. I recommend that you switch this off, and then install our latest stable build, 48.4.58.

Let me know. 
Thanks

Sanchez
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

wearehereandnow
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Re-installed the stable build 48.4.58 and it is STILL syncing all files.

Working off a brand new 2018 iMac, and this came on randomly last night - now I cant have access to a lot of files that I am in need of.

I'm supposed to be paying for this service?

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @wearehereandnow, welcome to our forum! 

I’d like to put you in touch with a support agent for further troubleshooting and assistance. Let me know if your forum profile’s email address is associated with the Dropbox account you’re concerned with, and I’ll have a colleague reach out to you via email. 

Alternatively, you can submit a support request here

Cheers! 

Sanchez
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?