cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox stuck in Syncing.

Dropbox stuck in Syncing.

John98683
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

My dropbox is stuck showing says "syncing" continually. There are no syncing in my Dropbox folder, and nothing is syncing. I have tried restarting the PC, restarting Dropbox, reinstalling Dropbox, and clearing the Dropbox cache and it does the same thing. It doesn't work from a domain joined computer but if i remove the computer from domain it works. 

Has anyone else has this issue. I have tried everything out there. We are not blocked at PROXY. We checked that. We have no domian policy on a domain joined computer still it cannot sync. This is so annoying. Not sure if there is a known issue but i have tons of machine showing same behaviour.

27 Replies 27

Jorge4
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Using v. 107.3.416. Syncing is stuck at 207,406 files for over 12 hours. Tried fixing permissions and hardlinks, but it doesn't get unstuck. Exiting and restarting is useless. Exited Boxifier in case that was the problem, but nothing happened. No sync issues. Read all the posts but no real answer. Is there a way for Dropbox to take over my computer (with my permission, of course) and fix the problem like Microsoft does?

Quite honestly I'm starting to be fed up. I have 420 Gb of data but am thinking of using another software that doesn't give me trouble.

Jorge

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Jorge4, it looks like you’re running the beta version of the Dropbox desktop application.

To install our latest stable version, visit this page and switch ‘Early releases’ to Off.

Afterwards, re-download the app from here and let me know how it goes!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Jorge4
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Did everything you said. Now I have v. 106.4.368

Syncing stuck at 183853 files after satrting at 183831. Am trying to fix permissions, see what it does.

Jorge

Jorge4
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Slowly moving: 197521 files syncing now, one hour after.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for keeping us in the loop @Jorge4.

I just wanted to mention that you can also adjust your bandwidth settings through the app's preferences to see if that improves your syncing times.

Keep us posted!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Jorge4
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

A couple of hours more and the syncing got stuck, this time at 207,427 files, after fixing permissions. I'll try fixing hardlinks, but without any hope.

Isn't there really a solution? Can't I get the program to work properly?

Jorge

Jorge4
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

BTW, I've always set NO limits to bandwidth.

Jorge

Jorge4
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Stuck again after 24 hours at 207,435 files. Tried everything but can't get over that hurdle.

Should I move over to a competing service?

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Jorge4!

Is it possible that you have symlinks within your Dropbox folder? If you're not sure how to check this, you can use the directions outlined in "step 7" here.

Also, is this a recent install of the desktop app? Is this the first time syncing your files down to your computer?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Jorge4
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

The Dropbox folder is in an external hard drive (F:). I have changed the instruction in step 7 to C:\dir "F:\Dropbox" /a:1 /s  and received the answer "Parameter format not correct -"1"" 

What should I do now?

Need more support?