cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox stuck in Syncing.

Dropbox stuck in Syncing.

John98683
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

My dropbox is stuck showing says "syncing" continually. There are no syncing in my Dropbox folder, and nothing is syncing. I have tried restarting the PC, restarting Dropbox, reinstalling Dropbox, and clearing the Dropbox cache and it does the same thing. It doesn't work from a domain joined computer but if i remove the computer from domain it works. 

Has anyone else has this issue. I have tried everything out there. We are not blocked at PROXY. We checked that. We have no domian policy on a domain joined computer still it cannot sync. This is so annoying. Not sure if there is a known issue but i have tons of machine showing same behaviour.

27 Replies 27

Jorge4
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

And no, this is not the first sync. I synced without a problem in another computer and then when I opened this one after 3 idle months, I have had these problems. 

As per your suggestion I downloaded the latest version replacing the beta one that I was using in this computer (see above).

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the swift update @Jorge4!

In the command there, it should be a lower case "L" instead of a "1", eg. "F:\Dropbox" /a:l /s

Let me know if that fixes the error there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Jorge4
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Indeed, my mistake. Ran the instruction and the result was that 141532 files were listed occupying 32,9 Gb with 233 Gb free.

What should I do now? Exit Dropbox and restart?

Jorge4
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Re-started and immediately went to "Syncing 183,854 files" and got stuck there.

Will fix permissions to see if that works now.

Jorge4
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Slowly moving up, 184,071 now.

Jorge4
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Got stuck at 184,548 files!!!!

Jorge4
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

After fixing links the syncing started again and then stopped at 207, 434 files.

And now what?

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

From the results of the command it looks like you do have some symlinks within the Dropbox folder @Jorge4.

Symlinks are known to cause syncing issues with the desktop app and could potentially be causing the stuck sync you're experiencing.

If you need to use symlinks, we instead recommend placing the actual file in the Dropbox folder and placing the symlink shortcut to the file outside of the Dropbox folder.

The command you ran should show you the full file path of any symlinks in Dropbox and where the actual file location.

Since it seems like such a high number of files, it may be that they reside in a specific folder which you can move into Dropbox instead to see if that does the trick.

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?