cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox Suddenly Stopped Backing Up Document and Download Directories and Wiped Previous Backups

Dropbox suddenly stopped backing up Document and Download directories and wiped previous backups

Richard S.63
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, just a warning.  My Dropbox suddenly stopped backing up about 95% of my Document and Downloads directories apparently a couple of days ago and deleting most files and folders including sentimental photos of my recently deceased wife, and in some cases wiped some folders or files beyond recovery.  Not sure if this is a bug in the latest Dropbox app.  I have talked with the help desk and eventually they agreed to escalate the problem.  This is a serious issue so I thought important to advise others and see if anyone else has experienced a similar problem.  I hope there is a simple fix but I am nor particularly optimistic.

21 Replies 21

Walter
Dropbox Staff

I'm sorry to hear about your loss @Richard S.63 

Did you manage to open a new, follow up ticket to look further into this issue?

If so, you can share your ticket ID with us so that we can look it up in our system as well if needed. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Richard S.63
Explorer | Level 3

I have merely asked that the ticket be reopened.  There is a lot of information in the previous ticket which provides essential background to the dislocation of directories.

Thanks

Need more support?