cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Requests: Not showing in the folder or sending emails

File Requests: Not showing in the folder or sending emails

Galaxy Liz
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I haven't used Dropbox in a few months and the file request system has changed or else it isn't working in Safari on a Mac running OS12.2.1.  

I use Dropbox to run a class.  Each member has their own folder and I request files from each individually from the ellipsis option on the folder itself/activity/request files.  I then enter the details of the request/create then enter the email (which can no longer be selected from the dropdown list) and share.  None of the recipients get the email request now and the file request is not added to the file request folder.

Is anyone else having this problem and does anyone have a solution?  I can't find anything in the instructions which help since it is clearly not doing what it says it should do in the instructions.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Galaxy Liz
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I don't think I'm going to do that since it might have negative effect on security plug ins.  I didn't have this problem a few months ago though so either it is the changes you made or security updates have effected it.  It seems as though i'm going to have to use Chrome for Dropbox.  Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Galaxy Liz, happy Friday, let's jump into this!

Have you tried another browser other than Safari, in order to see if you get the same behavior when creating a File request there? 

When someone adds content in their assigned folder, are you able to see the content online or even get notified about this? 

Also, just to make sure we're on the same page, are these the steps you follow on your end?

Let me know and we'll take it from there. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Galaxy Liz
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Since I wrote this I opened Dropbox in Chrome and it does show all the requests for files which weren't visible in Safari.  

I don't want to confuse all the people in the group by issuing the requests again so have only tested one from Safari and Chrome and it was OK.  I also tested the links issued yesterday from the copy emails I received and they do work and I can upload and get copy emails when I have done so.  It is just that in Safari the only visible request is the last one issued in ALL/OPENED/CLOSED and it didn't send the emails to the group members.

That isn't the way I issued the  requests yesterday.  I did it from the folders as I detailed.  It still offers that option. 

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Galaxy Liz, happy to hear (or read in our case 😋) that everything is back on track.

If you need me, give me a shout! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Galaxy Liz
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

It isn't back on track.  The file request issuing and list of file requests still doesn't work properly using Safari.  I have a work around by using Chrome but Dropbox is still not working properly in Safari.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Galaxy Liz, apologies for misunderstanding you there, I thought it was all resolved on Safari too. 

If it's able to work on Chrome, then it seems this is a Safari related problem. 

You might want to clear the browser's cache, or restore to its default settings and disable any browser plugins. The issue you're experiencing may be the result of a security setting or a plugin that you have installed on your browser.

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Galaxy Liz
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I don't think I'm going to do that since it might have negative effect on security plug ins.  I didn't have this problem a few months ago though so either it is the changes you made or security updates have effected it.  It seems as though i'm going to have to use Chrome for Dropbox.  Thanks for your help.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Galaxy Liz Helpful | Level 5
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?