cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finder search will only show files on "this mac" and not in the individual Dropbox folder

Finder search will only show files on "this mac" and not in the individual Dropbox folder

AndrewD2
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello, when I search for a common term on finder I often only want to see it within a specific Dropbox folder so I don't have to wade through every file containing that term on my entire mac. I've just gotten a new MacBook Pro and the finder search works fine for "This Mac" but when you select the individual dropbox folder it comes up blank. Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AndrewD2
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Wow.... hold the phone. I just upgraded to the latest version of Monterey and it all works again. Was not a big jump in terms of OS, but that seems to fix it. Thanks so much for your help. r/Andrew

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @AndrewD2, thanks for letting us know about this.

Can you clarify if you're seeing this behavior only in Finder or our website as well?

Have you tried restarting your computer or the Dropbox app since this started happening?

Let me know and we'll go from there.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

AndrewD2
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Hi, thanks for your reply. This only happens on the desktop Dropbox version in apple finder. Not on the website. Restarting the machine has not worked.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Sorry to jump in here, @AndrewD2.

Do you mind uploading a screenshot of what you see on your end perhaps? Please make sure to not include any personal info. 

Also, if you check the top part of your device, close to your clock settings, can you see a small Dropbox icon? 

If yes, let me know its syncing status and app version by hovering over it. 

Let me know what you find!

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

AndrewD2
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

AndrewD2_0-1646748654302.png

It is up to date. Here's the version 143.4.4161. I will send a picture of the issue in a separate post.

AndrewD2
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Wow.... hold the phone. I just upgraded to the latest version of Monterey and it all works again. Was not a big jump in terms of OS, but that seems to fix it. Thanks so much for your help. r/Andrew

taustinbrown
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm having the same problem! It's so frustrating. I can't share screenshots because of attorney work product rules, but I'm in the same boat. If you find a solution, please let me know. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

taustinbrown New member | Level 2
    AndrewD2 Helpful | Level 5
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?