cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding a folder I backed up yesterday?

Finding a folder I backed up yesterday?

tommyhogann
Explorer | Level 4
?
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@tommyhogann wrote:

I can go to "All files" which shows lots of files. However, they are random files from over a 9 months ago?

All Files shows you everything in your account. It's not a random display of files from some arbitrary point in time. If there's something in your account, All Files will display it. By default, it sorts anything in your account by Name, folders listed first.

I also would love how to de-synch by external hard drive from dropbox ...

If you're referring to the Backup feature, you can find your external drive backups on the Backups page.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@tommyhogann wrote:

I can go to "All files" which shows lots of files. However, they are random files from over a 9 months ago?

All Files shows you everything in your account. It's not a random display of files from some arbitrary point in time. If there's something in your account, All Files will display it. By default, it sorts anything in your account by Name, folders listed first.

I also would love how to de-synch by external hard drive from dropbox ...

If you're referring to the Backup feature, you can find your external drive backups on the Backups page.

tommyhogann
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks! That makes more sense now that you say that

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

tommyhogann Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?