cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to fix: Dropbox error 401

How to fix: Dropbox error 401

John G.23
New member | Level 1

When trying to sync from items in mSecure between iPhone6 and iPad, It says "Dropbox Error The operation couldn't be completed (dropbox.com error 401)

5 Replies 5

Ed
Dropbox Staff

Hi there

Sorry the the late response - are you still having issues?

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Joe P.22
New member | Level 1

I'm having the same problem using Photosync to transfer photos from my iphone 6 to Dropbox. I get Error 401 transfer could not be completed. Is there a way to fix this?

Mariedb
Dropbox Staff

HI there!

It seems that the error that you see has to do with some characters in the names of files that are unsupported by Dropbox. You will have to rename these files to sync them.

You will find our more about unsupported characters here:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/145

I hope this helps!

Darin H.
New member | Level 1

How to fix: Dropbox error 401

daniel b.25
New member | Level 1

How can I transfer some of my files to another storage location because my dropbox is full. I dont want to upgrade. I have enough money going out already on other apps, music..   etc...

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Need more support?