cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm wondering about the "Offline" tab within my mobile app's menu. Can you help?

I'm wondering about the "Offline" tab within my mobile app's menu. Can you help?

Huck R.
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I don't seem to be able to work on files from my Samsung smartphone. Previusly I was working with no problem. Dropbox says "offline". What does that mean?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
That's not telling you that your Dropbox app is offline. That tab shows a list of all files that you've marked as Available Offline, so you can access them when you're not connected to a network.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
It means you don't have a connection to Dropbox. Check the network status on your phone. If you don't have an Internet connection, the Dropbox app can't access your files.

Huck R.
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thankyou for your reply.  I checked my internet connection from the phone.  It is good.  I can access the internet.  However, the Dropbox app still says "Offline".

Huck R.
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Attached are 2 screenshots showing what I see

DropboxProblem02.png     Second screen shot

DropboxProblem01.png

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey Huck R., thanks for posting your qustion here & I hope you're doing well today! 

Please keep in mind that when a file is available Offline (i.e. on your Offline tab within Dropbox), this means that you can access it even when your phone isn't connected to Wi-Fi or data & this doesn't affect your connection to other platforms or to Dropbox. 

Please let me know if you need more details on this discussion & I’ll do my best to follow-up with you. Happy Monday! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
That's not telling you that your Dropbox app is offline. That tab shows a list of all files that you've marked as Available Offline, so you can access them when you're not connected to a network.

Huck R.
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I guess the problem I was having was not related to that.  It seemed that the files were not updating between my computer and cell phone.  However, now they are updating.  I don't know why they stopped and don't know why they are working again.  When it happened, I thought it might be related to that message "offline".  But that was not the problem.

Thanks.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for keeping us in the loop on the progress Huck R., glad to hear that your files are now syncing as expected on your phone!

Happy :iphone: syncing & feel free to post here again in case you have more questions or you experience any issues; we’ll do our best to follow-up with you. Wishing you a beautiful rest of the day!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropbox Staff
    Huck R. Helpful | Level 6
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?