cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to see a file count of how many files you have in a folder?

Is there a way to see a file count of how many files you have in a folder?

A007 P.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I don't see this anywhere, they're not numbered, there's no total anywhere, I have a bunch of files uploaded but no number anywhere to see how many I have in a folder..
is there any way to see how many files I have in a folder?

12 Replies 12

Cosmin C.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I must say, from a business user perspective this seems like a minor thing that would make a lot of users happy. It's unfortunate to see the level of communication from Dropbox on this issue considering it's been open for over a year. We will most likely be looking at other alternatives as Dropbox for Business really misses on a lot of features that would make it a more robust platform.

MarkeTech
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Please note It's cmd A and not ctrl A

Jimmydbx
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

UPDATE: We now provide functionality for this for Team Folders 

If you go into the Team Folder tab in the admin console, click on the modified column header, and you'll see an option there called files. That'll give you the recursive file count for the whole structure.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Cosmin C. New member | Level 1
    Terri T. New member | Level 2
    Sean P.10 New member | Level 1
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?