cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading FIles To DropBox Faster

Loading FIles To DropBox Faster

wmcorcor
Helpful | Level 6

I'm new to the 3TB plan on DropBox and I'm trying to copy my photos from my C: drive to DropBox.

If I do a Windows Explorer copy, the files default to Available Offline and my hard drive fills before I can complete the copy.

If I go into the DropBox App under preferences & Sync, I can set the default to Online Only, however ths forces me to use the Dropbox.com website to upload the files and this method is painfully slow. I currently have 79,000+ photos and DropBox is telling me it will take a month to copy my photos over.

Maybe you can have an option to manually upload files where they are on-line only so you can actually get everything setup more quickly. I'm currently on a 30-day trial and it will take 30-days just to get my photos loaded.  There needs to be a faster way.

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

Hi @wmcorcor 

I'm afraid the upload is totally controlled and limited by your internet upload speed. It should start speeding up once the file structures are created. However, the fastest way is via the desktop app itself. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

wmcorcor
Helpful | Level 6

Thanks Mark:

I wish that was the case. I have high-speed internet connections at home and work and it's still slow loading to DropBox. Copying the same files to a different cloud storage providor (or two) is much faster.

When you say the faster way is the desktop app do you mean a) dropbox.com in a web browser, b) Windows File Explorer or is there some way to copy files using the App itself on Windows??

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

wmcorcor Helpful | Level 6
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?