cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual IOS photo upload conversion FROM heic TO jpg

Manual IOS photo upload conversion FROM heic TO jpg

trymph
Helpful | Level 6

Manual photo uploads in the IOS environment conversion: FROM heic----> TO jpg. It is great that Dropbox can be enabled as an IOS app choice in the IOS environment to save photos (Google Photos seems blocked as a selection app) from numerous sources eg messages, emails, facebook ect. BUT many IOS users are creating and sharing photos in the *.heic format. As great as it seems my dynamic link to my Nixplay photo frame from Dropbox, unfortunately Nixplay frames will only accept uploads in the jpg format. Unless I'm being technically challenged, I can't seem to get manual uploads to either prompt for upload in jpg format or change manual uploads to jpg (from HEIC) by default in settings. I can however convert manually once uploaded to Dropbox but that extra step is easily overlooked when various family members are uploading to the same directory in Dropbox. A settings default would be great or maybe even better if the current settings for the camera roll automation could be extended to manual uploads in the camera uploads directory. 

Please advise if I'm missing something, this functionality is in the plans or I'm the only one that cares. 

Respectfully

Bruce

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

trymph
Helpful | Level 6

OK ..........I see it all now...........epiphany........its all in the "create" folder setup..........mark this down to user error and maybe never reading the directions ðŸ™„

I do however think there should be an automate selection within the folder settings option on an existing folder...........

So happy and Dropbox even shows up in my Windows File Explorer list............

Apologies for my rants 

Regards

Bruce  

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

trymph
Helpful | Level 6

HOLD ON...............I just went into my Dropbox via my Win10 desktop in a browser and found a "save as" within the "Camera Uploads" directory on the latest test upload photo. Upon changing the heic to a jpg file on the "..."menu just uploaded photo I got a pop up with the choice to set this folder/directory to automate the conversion to jpg. YIPEEEEE & thanks; sorry about the user error/ignorance. I still can't find that setting for the folder/directory anywhere in settings but my later test upload WORKED automatically!! Worked too well maybe as it changed to both jpg and jpeg. If I may suggest change vs adding as still need to clean up the old heic file which maybe by design but I'll take it and do mass cleanups periodically as a welcome workaround.........

Thanks 

Bruce 

trymph
Helpful | Level 6

trymph_0-1706447122643.png

trymph
Helpful | Level 6

OK ..........I see it all now...........epiphany........its all in the "create" folder setup..........mark this down to user error and maybe never reading the directions ðŸ™„

I do however think there should be an automate selection within the folder settings option on an existing folder...........

So happy and Dropbox even shows up in my Windows File Explorer list............

Apologies for my rants 

Regards

Bruce  

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

trymph Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?