cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox links dont show a thumbnail anymore on patreon, just a "white youtube logo"

New URLs for shared links affecting 3rd party integrations

BenDBX
Community Manager
Hi Everybody,

I’ve started this thread so that we can focus the discussion around the recent change in URL structure that has impacted our users’ ability to create shared links. This thread is dedicated to the effects of this change on 3rd party integrations, including apps and websites.

You will notice that I’ve moved comments related to integrations from the original thread (which can be found here) to this thread.

I have no news at this time, but we will update this thread when we have more to share. We encourage everybody to continue the discussion and ask any questions here.

Regards,
Ben
189 Replies 189

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@max2244 wrote:
I changed nothing, i edit the Video, Upload it to Dropbox and then just copy the Link and paste it into patreon

@Здравкоwrote:
... If you didn't change link before yesterday and are not changing link now, then the problem is in your third party service. Signal to them. ...

That's it. 🙂 Sounds like a imperfection, at least (or even a bug).

Good luck.

MikeFL
Helpful | Level 6

I fail to understand a few things. I get the impression that the newly formed URLs have been rolling out for a period of time. I am only affected since Friday. While the fix I managed to pull out of a message is to change the format from https://www.dropbox. to https://dl.dropbox - That works for me. But why do my old "normally" formatted links created for years still work? More importantly, despite using a modest free account because that's what I can afford, why wasn't anyone informed about the coming change to avoid everyone going through this agony as indicated by all of these messages? Thank you, and thanks for the 'fix' although I gather there might be others as well. 

max2244
Explorer | Level 3
The normal links still work for me, But the thmubnails just look like garbage,
Any fix?

Kateberryyt
Explorer | Level 4
I am having a similar issue however for some reason with mine the link is working but it's requesting my viewers to seek additional access permissions even though the video link is shared as viewable to anyone with the link, very frustrating

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@Kateberryyt wrote:
... the link is working ...

@Kateberryyt, how exactly is working? Do you mean that you have successfully opened that link in an incognito browser window, or just in a normal browser window? 🧐 One of them doesn't guaranteed the other. If you want to know how exactly others see your link(s), do open in an incognito window. 😉

Hope this gives direction.

Kateberryyt
Explorer | Level 4
Yes that makes sense, thanks

max2244
Explorer | Level 3
Still no fix for me

mworringer
Explorer | Level 3

Lisa,

Yes, the links work in browser and start downloading the content when dl=1 is set.

lisadbx
Dropbox Engineer

Have you tried changing "dl=0" to "dl=1" or one of the other solutions mentioned in this post?

Justin P.2
Collaborator | Level 10

The new URLs for shared files are a DISASTER. @dropbox please change it back ASAP.

You can read more about it in my Tweet here:
https://twitter.com/MysteryRoomMKE/status/1681092910480084994?s=20

Need more support?