cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 'Create a team folder' button in the admin console

No 'Create a team folder' button in the admin console

lokimac
Helpful | Level 5

Hi. I'm a member of a business Dropbox team, and our team admin cannot create Team folders. The Dropbox instructions say that there should be a "Create Team Folder" on the Content tab of the Admin Console, but no such button exists. There's only the ability to create regular or shared folders. Can anyone assist?

3 Replies 3

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @lokimac, thanks for letting us know about this.

If you go to the content tab in the admin console, do you see a 'New folder' option on the right side of the page?

This should allow the admin to create a folder and they can choose to share it with the entire team; that would make it a team folder.

Let me know how it goes!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

lukepro
Explorer | Level 4

Same problem, the information is wrong on the Dropbox help page, there is no "Create team folder" button, and it's confusing the way you suggest above. I want to create a Teams Folder that is not accessible to everyone, but I can assign different groups to, please address.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for your feedback on this, @lukepro! I’ve flagged this with our team, so that they can take a look. 

Now, as for sharing your team folder with specific groups on your team, you can definitely do that. The first thing you need to do is create a group with the users you want to add to the team folder (by following these steps). 

After the new group has been created, please go to your Admin Console > Content tab > New folder, and you should be seeing the option to share it with the group of your choice instead of the whole team. 

If you’re not seeing this option, or you’re having any trouble along the way, let me know.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    lukepro Explorer | Level 4
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?