cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No search box for a shared file?

No search box for a shared file?

Dennis H.9
New member | Level 1

When I share a file with someone - and they follow the emailed link, they do not have a way of search that file. There is not search option like there is when I go to the files in my dropbox.

Am I missing something?

21 Replies 21

Rich
Super User II

and so far there hasn't been any ... developer feedback on if this will be implemented (or why it won't be).

And there won't be. Dropbox does not comment on what features will become available or when. Sofia, a Dropbox employee, commented just this morning that she would pass this request on to the development team. That's the best you're going to get.

To sum up, it's currently only possible to search data that is in your Dropbox account. It's not possible to search the contents of shared links. If this is something you'd like to see in addition to the current search functionality, I'd be happy to forward this to our development team.

This is the best thread to continue the discussion. Additional threads will only fragment the discussion or, as it usually happens, have everyone making the same replies in two separate threads, which provides no benefit.

Anne C.18
New member | Level 1

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Anne C.18 New member | Level 1
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?