cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perpetually "Syncing (3 files remaining)"

Perpetually "Syncing (3 files remaining)"

Mark G.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I recently upgraded to a new iMac (IS X Yosemite Version 10.10.1) and transferred all my files, programs and settings from the Time Capsule backup from my older Mac.

Dropbox seemed to transfer fine, but the sync is perpetually "stuck" with the message "Syncing (3 files remaining)".

I have tried unlinking and re-establishing my connection to my Dropbox folder.
I have tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling Dropbox.
I have tried the terminal file listed on the support page (sudo chflags -R nouchg ~/Dropbox ~/.dropbox ~/.dropbox-master)
... and get the following error message.

chflags: /Users/mjgolden/.dropbox-master: No such file or directory
Marks-iMac:~ mjgolden$

Each time the same result: The same message about 3 files and the icon in the menu bar shows the syncing badge.

Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

CanyonKid
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks for the help.  I also identified the files that were causing the trouble (in Mac OSX, in the finder, follow the blue 'syncing' symbol) and renamed the folder containing the files.  Problem solved.

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

claus r.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I'm having the same problem on the same Yosemite version, "Syncing (17 files remaining)".

Any clues?

Craig M.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I'm also having the same issue - same messages, same OS, gone through the same process.

Black Francis
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I'm having the same problem syncing files in several windows based computers, at home , at work... eternal syncing.
At first sight there no missing files but i'm not sure.

Jasper B.3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

same problem here. making any kind of work impossible 😞

Rishi P.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same issue.

Rich S.7
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

+1

Rishi P.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Shutting down dropbox and running this was helpful.

http://ismashphone.com/2013/09/how-to-fix-dropbox-sync-issues-os-x.html

I ended up syncing my folders one by one and very quickly narrowed the issue down to one or two problem pdf files. I have no idea what the actual issue with them was, but just I opened them, re-saved them under different names and then synced the renamed files instead of the originals.

tilda p.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

found two dangling/dead symbolic links in the bucket. deleted them and the "Syncing (2 files remaining)" resolved.

Peter H.93
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I find a way to solve this problem. Since a blue sign representing that file is in syncing, I went to find that file delete it. Another case is, I also find a fold is in sync state. I just simply rename it, for example, the fold's name is 'Sample', I rename it as 'sample-1', immediately another fold named as 'sample' just automaticly shows, so delete the 'sample' fold. Finally, Dropbox gets back to normal state.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Robin Mary G. New member | Level 2
    Eleanor B.1 Helpful | Level 5
    Jeffrey C.12 New member | Level 1
    Joseph H.16 New member | Level 1
    V. Vernon E. New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?