cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Phone number for technical support

Phone number for technical support

Angela S.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I am having ongoing issues trying to get my Dropbox files to sync with my desktop. I am probably a few months behind on files on my desktop as this computer had to be taken to IT for some repairs. I left it running for more than 24 hours and it's just not working right. I have followed all of the troubleshooting guides online. Does anyone have a phone number so I can actually talk to someone from Dropbox?

75 Replies 75

teona d.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I am being charged monthly for an upgraded subscription that I would like to end.  When I login to my account it shows a basic plan yet every month I'm hit with a 9.99 fee from Dropbox.  How do I end my subscription and the charge? Because the acct isn't showing I cannot downgrade as the instructions suggest. 

Pauline D.6
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I paid to upgrade for more space and now my computers are not syncing. What should I do?

Pat V.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I just upgraded and am extremely dussapointed... I need help and can't find it.. can anyone tell me how to upload my harddrive because I'm bring told it will crash soon.. I also don't know how to download files

Louie T.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I also just signed up, having errors and there's no tech support. After they have your money they obviously don't care about helping. I just want a refund so I can take my business elsewhere to a file storage company that actually staffs humans able and willing to help paying customers. I advise everyone to stay away from Dropbox. Surf these threads to see all the headaches this company has caused its customers. 

Laureline
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hey Louie !

If you are a Business customer, you have access to live chat, phone and email.

If you are a Pro or Basic user, then you can send us a mail from here

My (human) colleagues will be super happy to help you!

If you prefer to explain here what your problem is, than I'm glad to help. However, I won't have access to your account informations, so if it's an emergency, I would recommend you to contact or call support.

PS: make sure to write in from the email address used for your account, especially if you are a paying customer 🙂

Pauline D.6
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Interesting, I left a message two weeks ago and didn't get a response. I also sent an email and didn't receive an answer and I'm a paid subscriber. That's when the problems started. It was working fine before I upgraded. I've already started copying my pictures to another site. 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

I left a message two weeks ago and didn't get a response.

Unless you're a Dropbox for Business customer, there is no phone support. All other account types (Pro, Basic) use the support system.

I also sent an email and didn't receive an answer and I'm a paid subscriber.

Have you opened a ticket yet? That's the only official method of receiving support. Once the ticket is open you might be able to reply back via email, but you should open a ticket in the system first.

Open your ticket here: https://www.dropbox.com/support
    Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Pro users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

Jim C.14
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I just reinstalled word but when I open my docs form dropbox, it will only open in notepad. On my  laptop everything is fine and it still opens in word, like always.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Thats an issue with your installation Jim. Not Dropbox. 

For some reason your computer hasn't associated .doc etc. with Word properly. 

You need to google/ask Microsoft for help with that. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Peggy B.3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Cannot sign in with correct sign in.

Cannot get help without signing in.

Error 500 does not state what the error is or how to correct it.

Why isn't there technical support?

Need more support?