cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Direct downloads issues (raw=1) and shared links won't work for hosting.

Force render issues (raw=1) and shared links won't work for hosting.

aRealHumanBartender
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

images were perfect on all browsers until yesterday afternoon - what is the fix or is this a dropbox issue?

117 Replies 117

GeorgeNotaTechExpert
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi all

I run a site called Maths Advance and have a number of images stored on Dropbox which are then loaded into individual questions modules when users click on a question. I know now that I shouldn't have used Dropbox for these purposes and that other servers are better for website performance, but in any case it has been reliable up until now.

My question is why might some images now not be appearing for users? This has only been an issue in the last 48 hours, but needs to be fixed ASAP. All of the images are stored on Dropbox and some are loading, but others are not. The filetype and size of the file does not appear to be a critical factor.

Any ideas would be most welcome.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

Hi @GeorgeNotaTechExpert,

Yes there is an issue. Not to repeat, take a look here. You can still use links with changed domains. Let's hope this will be fixed ASAP.

Good luck.

GeorgeNotaTechExpert
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Much appreciated, thank you. Have Dropbox acknowledged this and indicated when it is likely to be fixed?

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

Not exactly. About ETA, not at all. The only official comment coming from Dropbox staff, as far as I know, is here. Not too much, but better than nothing. If there is some chance, I believe Greg will do whatever possible.

GeorgeNotaTechExpert
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Again, thank you very much for your helpful response. It's much appreciated.

Greenlaw
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

A friend of mine demonstrated that an older image he linked to from Dropbox still worked in the animation forum's public page. So I did a test using one of my old Dropbox image links, and sure enough, it still worked. This made me wonder if there was a cut-off date and if only new images were needed for public posting.

So then I went about replacing my Dropbox images in the forum from last week using Imgur as the host. Since the problem started as I posted images last Wednesday, I thought that's where it would end, but then I found broken images in the forum from April.

I read elsewhere that the cut-off could be with images uploaded since March, but I haven't seen this confirmed by Dropbox. 

Can someone from Dropbox PLEASE respond?

Regarding using Imgur, I stopped using this service nine years ago, so I had to reactivate my account, verify my email, and change my password. Once I got past that, I was surprised to find images I posted to the forum over nine years ago were still there! Imgur is still a free service so, at the moment anyway, I can recommend this.

Personally, I'd rather keep using Dropbox as a subscriber, but I'm reconsidering now. Just getting any response from Dropbox staff could help me decide.

Thanks i advance for any reply.

Greenlaw
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

FWIW, I'm seeing the broken links with images shared in April. Some older images are still working, but I'm not sure when the cut-off date is yet, if there even is one.

I read elsewhere that the cutoff could be March, but there is no official confirmation from Dropbox about this issue. For now, I'm assuming no images are guaranteed to remain active.

Hopefully, Dropbox can clarify what's going on.

Photo O.
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

Not only do new hotlinks not render, old ones do not show up either

Firefox

Chrome

Brave

Opera

[links removed]

Yet hotlinks from other sites are no problem

phantompower
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

We use https://plyr.io/ to play audio files hosted on a paid dropbox account through our webflow site. It has worked wonderfully for years. We  change the end of the file to the raw=1 suffix.

3 days ago all links stopped working apart from old public links that outdated the new rlkey naming structure - it should be noted that the files with the rlkey naming structure have also been working since the beginning of the year. These links are read only links so no authenitcation required to access or view. They also load fine in a browser either as the file in dropbox or as a streamer.

Is there an option to generate a dropbox link without the rlkey or another work around anyone can think of? PLYR is an open source js library on github.

Would appreciate any help! Thanks.

chroscher
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello there,

normally I was able to embed audio files from my Dropbox on my homepage by changing dl=0 to raw=1 at the end of the shared link.

Now this is not working anymore. I guess this has to do with the new rlkey-Part in the Link? Is there a new way to get this done?

Many greetings,

Christoph

Need more support?