cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in learning how media industry leaders use Dropbox Replay? Register for our webinar here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received a link to access files, but it's asking me to sign in; when I do I get an error

Received a link to access files, but it's asking me to sign in; when I do I get an error

mojalovaa
New member | Level 2

Hi
I receive files from dropbox and get the link for downloading when I wish to download files asks me that sign in to dropbox, I need to enter the user name and password, but when does that say that username or password is not correct, what can be the problem?

1 Reply 1

Mark
Super User II

Sounds like the link they have sent you is incorrect - and they've sent you one of the files URL instead. 

Ask them to resend the link making sure they follow https://help.dropbox.com/share/create-and-share-link

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?