cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset the permissions of all subfolders of a team folder to inherit from the parent

Reset the permissions of all subfolders of a team folder to inherit from the parent

ShaunT
Explorer | Level 4

We have a Team Folder with hundreds of Sub folders, many with unique permissions. Some of these sub folders go down several levels and at each of those levels the permissions can be different. 

Is it possible to reset the permissions on all folders and sub folders to inherit from the parent right the way down the sturcture. Or can we set the perms for everything all the way down the structure to View only? 

Thanks. 

2 Replies 2

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @ShaunT, thanks for your post!

If each team folder contains subfolders, each of which are shared with different people, you'd need to manage the access for each of the subfolders, in order to change it to 'can view'.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any more questions.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ajamesfaria
New member | Level 2

I'm going to need to find an alternative storage solution at these prices and lack of a crucial security feature. I also have many tiers that need to be reset.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

ajamesfaria New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?